Friday, February 16, 2018

Here's to new beginnings!

I've been toying with the idea of starting a new blog, since I had largely abandoned the old one and have an entirely different set of topics that are driving me recently. Since I am going to be running for an elected position within my church (Ár nDraíocht Féin, A Druid Fellowship, ADF for short), now is the perfect time to make the switch.


Image by cm_dasilva

Why "Constructing Rainbows?"

In the stories of the old Norse gods, there is a "rainbow bridge" which connects the realms and provides passage between them. My goal in running for the Mother Grove (effectively, the Board of Directors) is similar. I want to build a bridge between the old ways and the new ways, to provide a point of connection between the members throughout the world so that dialogue and growth can happen as effortlessly as possible.

The image of the rainbow is particularly poignant in this regard, as it represents diversity and inclusion. Unlike rainbows, however, bridges on such scale don't simply appear before us. They require foresight, planning, and no small amount of effort. They must be constructed.

And so we begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment